Sunday, June 16, 2013

For My Dad

Dad look at this; like father like daughter. Love you daddy:



So I wrote this poem a while back and I wanted to share it:

He is my rock.
He is my teacher.
He is my dad.
I call him many things;
Dad, daddy, and father,
I ask him many things;
What's the weather?
What's for breakfast?
Why do people act a certain way?
I tell him many things;
Today in school I...
Guess what...
But one thing that means the most to me is
I love you
Without him I would crumble.
I would break
I would burn.
Mom would cry
We would die
But I know I would see you again.
Because without I wouldn't have a cow
And I wouldn't know how; 
To ride a bike
Or touch you nose
Or hold on tight
When you're a bucking bronco.
We'll get old
And I'll go far
But as we're close now
That's what we are.
A father, a daughter,
United as one, 
A family forever.
And forever on.

I love you daddy! Thank you for everything you do! Happy Father's Day!




1 comment:

  1. I love it, Caitlyn! Thank you! (Though I'm not sure I'm a very good cow.)

    ReplyDelete